[Python-Dev] API refactoring tracker field for Python4

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 20:23:06 CET 2011

On 07/01/2011 18:44, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 13:36:26 -0500
> Alexander Belopolsky<alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:14 PM, anatoly techtonik<techtonik at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> ..
>>> Don't you think that if people could review issues and "star" them
>>> then such minor issues could be scheduled for release not only by
>>> "severity" status as decided be release manager and several core
>>> developers, but also by community vote?
>>>
>> Anyone can already cast his or her vote by posting a comment with +1
>> or -1 in it.  Doing so brings the issue to the top of the default view
>> and gets an e-mail into many developers' mailboxes.
> I certainly hope casual users don't start posting lots of +1s and -1s
> around, though.
Well, some indication of how many users this affects may be useful when
looking at issues to work on.

Launchpad has a button for "this affects me" and you can see how many
users are affected by an issue (or have declared that at least). Not
sure if this sends you email, but I'm pretty sure it is different to
subscribing to an issue - which is nice. Sometimes I care about an issue
but can neither fix it myself nor want to receive every email from the
discussion on the issue tracker.

Michael