[Python-Dev] Continuing 2.x

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Oct 29 16:12:38 CEST 2010

> It's obvious that a large proportion of the existing python-dev'ers will
> not participate in such a project, but why should we try to stop someone
> else to work on it ?

I propose to stop this discussion of theoretical projects, and only
restart it when someone actually proposes to lead such a project.
I might not personally stop anybody from doing such a project, but I
surely will not support him.

This thread was started by a specific proposal from Kristjan, and
Kristjan got a specific suggestion on how to proceed (namely, wait
for the Mercurial switchover, then publish his changes in a branch).
So despite the more general subject (which I think is still mostly
hypothetical), the real issue Kristjan raised has been resolved,
AFAICT (although Kristjan has not yet voiced an opinion of whether
he finds that resolution acceptable).

Regards,
Martin