[Python-Dev] What to do with languishing patches?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:25:27 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Alexander Belopolsky
<alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> The only problem I can see with this feature is how to design a usable
> UI.  Have you ever cursed these extra clever address forms that make
> you select a state from a drop-down list of 50 if not a country from
> the list of 100+?  A text field with auto-completion/correction and
> validation would be the best, but may get cluttered if multiple
> modules are affected.  We actually have similar usability issue with
> the nosy list.  The + button was a great addition, but I would also
> like to see a user list integration that would allow me to add other
> by real name or by approximate username spelling.

Despite the nosy list's issues, I think it is actually a better model
here than the components list.

That is:
- comma separated list in main form that you can just type into
- separate search form that pops up to allow multiple selections

Cheers,
Nick.