[Python-Dev] PyPI comments and ratings, *really*?

Henning von Bargen henning.vonbargen at arcor.de
Fri Nov 13 05:56:03 CET 2009

mode = "python-dev reader"

Please excuse me if I'm wrong here,
but I think python-dev just isn't the right place to discuss this topic,
because it's about 3rd party packages and it's got nothing to do with
the development *of the python language itself*, but generated a lot of
traffic.

mode = "package developer"

I personally added a PyPI entry for my open source project just because
it's there and it's a more or less standard, like CPAN in the Perl
world, so I hoped others would perhaps find it there. On the other hand,
if I am searching for software myself, I don't look at PyPI - I just use
G**gle.

I don't think PyPI needs any new features.
For the "developer's social web" that support the feature, there are
other good places, for example take a look at http://www.ohloh.net

Henning