[Python-Dev] PEP 376 and PEP 302 - allowing import hooks to provide distribution metadata

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jul 6 18:51:40 CEST 2009

At 10:32 AM 7/6/2009 +0100, Paul Moore wrote:
>I'm +0 on changing the name, as long as it's the *only* "do it this
>way because setuptools isn't going to change" issue.

Please note that I never said that.  I was the one who suggested
".pydist", remember?

I just don't want to have to complicate the pkg_resources directory
scan to support a stupid name like "metadata", no offense to Tarek.  ;-)

I'd sooner not make the change at all, just because I doubt I'm the
only person who has code that depends on the old name.  (Consider the
Linux OS packagers who treat .egg-info files specially at the moment.)