[Python-Dev] Proper place to put extra args for building

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Apr 25 00:31:42 CEST 2005

OK, EXTRA_CFLAGS support has been checked into Makefile.pre.in and
distutils.sysconfig .  Martin, please double-check I tweaked sysconfig the way
you wanted.  I also wasn't sure of compatibility for Distutils (first time
touching it); checked PEP 291 but Distutils wasn't listed.  I went ahead and
used a genexp; hope that is okay.  I also did it through Lib/distutils instead
of the separate distutils top directory in CVS.

I didn't bother with touching setup.py because I realized that sysconfig should
take care of that.  If that is wrong let me know and I can check in a change
(and if I am right that line dealing with OPT in setup.py could probably go).

Here are the revisions.

Checking in Makefile.pre.in;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Makefile.pre.in,v  <--  Makefile.pre.in
done
Checking in README;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/README,v  <--  README
done
Checking in Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Lib/distutils/sysconfig.py,v  <--  sysconfig.py
done
Checking in Misc/SpecialBuilds.txt;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Misc/SpecialBuilds.txt,v  <--  SpecialBuilds.txt
done
Checking in Misc/NEWS;
/cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Misc/NEWS,v  <--  NEWS
done

-Brett