[Python-Dev] Re: new syntax for wrapping (PEP 318)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Feb 26 09:16:33 EST 2004

"Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com> writes:

> So where do we go from here? Is anyone willing to modify MWH's patch to
> implement the "as" syntax, resulting in a PEP with associated
> implementation which can be submitted for approval? Should the PEP be
> changed to propose a syntax that matches the existing patch?

If Guido is in faviour of the 'as' variant, I can do it.  There's more
to it than that, though, as PEP 306 explains.  Bob Ippolito said he
would help with what remains.

Cheers,
mwh

--
 Very clever implementation techniques are required to implement this
 insanity correctly and usefully, not to mention that code written