[Python-Dev] Demos and Tools in binary distributions

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 2 May 2003 18:20:40 +0200

Michael Hudson wrote:

> Surely this is more a question about OSX than Python?  I.e. the
> examples should go where the user expects them.
> /Developer/Examples/Python?  Of course, not everyone who installs
> Python will have the dev tools...

Actually, I didn't know until recently that 3rd party stuff sometimes
gets installed there (eg. the PyObjC doco). I would actually expect it
in /Application/MacPython-2.3/..., as that's where the apps get
installed. I guess /Developer/... would make sense if the Python apps
got installed in /Developer/Applications/, which they don't.

Just