[Python-Dev] Re: GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:41:53 -0800 (PST)

[Stuart Bishop]

> So it looks like everything is fine, at least after we can extricate
> the keyboard Anthony managed to embed in his forehead. Speaking of
> which,
> should we proceed assuming nothing will be included until we have a
> a replacement for kjbuckets? If this isn't a requirement and we can
> proceed with the existing C code (with fallback to pure python), then
> we might be able to get this into 2.3 alpha 2. Otherwise I can give in
> to my inherent laziness and assume 2.3.1 or 2.4.

If I remember correctly Guido said it is a requirement to replace
kjbuckets with something else (Python version is acceptable).  I know I
personally would vote against letting it in with kjbuckets in C.

> Do I need a PEP, given that adding this as a module seems generally
> accepted
> both in python-dev and the DB SIG?

Only really needed if you need to convince Guido that it is a good idea or
get enough of a following to get Guido to overrule himself.

-Brett