[Python-Dev] "What's New" in docs

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Thu Dec 11 18:30:39 EST 2003

The recent posts, primarily from Keith and Steve (forwarded by me) suggest to me that it might be useful to keep a historical "What's New" section in the documentation, rather than just for the current version.

For example, currently the table of contents in the python docs is:

Main Page
Global Module Index
What's New
    1 PEP 218: A Standard Set Datatype
    2 PEP 255: Simple Generators
.
.
.

Would anyone see any advantage to having the "What's New" section like:

What's New in...
    Python 2.3
        1 PEP 218: A Standard Set Datatype
    Python 2.2
        1 PEP 234: Iterators
.
.
.

I use different versions of Python for different projects (in particular, 2.1 and 2.3) and I think this would be a useful quick reference.

Tim Delaney