[Python-Dev] Masks in getargs.c (was: 2.3b1 release)

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:00:54 -0400

> Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:
>
> > I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday.  Maybe at the end of next
> > week, that would be Friday April 25.  If anyone has something that
> > needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!

> From: Thomas Heller <theller@python.net>
>
> I would still like to work on http://www.python.org/sf/595026
> support for masks in getargs.c.

Great!

> Jack requested that this change should be implement shortly after the
> release of 2.3a2, but this is too late now as it seems ;-)
>
> What to do?

Do it ASAP.

> Implement it now and commit it after 2.3b1 is released, or delay this
> until 2.3 final is released. I have to admit that I'm sure I can
> implement it for 32-bit Windows, but it would have to be tested (and
> maybe completed) on other, especially 64-bit platforms as well.

If you can get something rough into 2.3b1, it can be improved while
2.3b2 is cooking.

> And it introduces incompatibilities.

What kind?  I thought it would be a new format code?

> BTW: Since you want to release a beta version, what's the state of the
> FutureWarning about hex/oct constants: will this stay the way it is?

Probably, unless you hve a better idea. :-(