[Python-Dev] 2.3b1 release

Thomas Heller theller@python.net
16 Apr 2003 19:47:57 +0200

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday.  Maybe at the end of next
> week, that would be Friday April 25.  If anyone has something that
> needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!

I would still like to work on http://www.python.org/sf/595026
support for masks in getargs.c.

Jack requested that this change should be implement shortly after the
release of 2.3a2, but this is too late now as it seems ;-)

What to do?

Implement it now and commit it after 2.3b1 is released, or delay this
until 2.3 final is released. I have to admit that I'm sure I can
implement it for 32-bit Windows, but it would have to be tested (and
maybe completed) on other, especially 64-bit platforms as well.

And it introduces incompatibilities.

BTW: Since you want to release a beta version, what's the state of the
FutureWarning about hex/oct constants: will this stay the way it is?

Thomas