[Python-Dev] Anders Qvist: Re: [snake-farm] Autodetect /usr/ccs/bin?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
06 Oct 2002 23:34:04 +0200

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com> writes:

> I _know_ this is wrong for several non-native (non-SunPro) Solaris
> compilers. My applications assume that $PATH has the correct ld/ar/cpp.  If
> not, we augment the search to look in /usr/ccs, /opt/sunWPro, and other more
> obscure locations. I believe this is in accord with Martin suggestion.

Indeed it is - although I'd be surprised to find ar in /opt/SUNWpro
(that locations has no ar in my installation). The usual comment for
ld applies (don't ever use it); for cpp, cc -E should work just as
well.

Regards,
Martin