[Python-Dev] Anders Qvist: Re: [snake-farm] Autodetect /usr/ccs/bin?

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 17:05:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> [...]

I _know_ this is wrong for several non-native (non-SunPro) Solaris
compilers. My applications assume that $PATH has the correct ld/ar/cpp.  If
not, we augment the search to look in /usr/ccs, /opt/sunWPro, and other more
obscure locations. I believe this is in accord with Martin suggestion.

Regards,
-Kevin

--
Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect