Large file system support in 2.1.2 (was Re: [Python-Dev] release for 2.1.2, plus 2.2.1...)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:19:27 -0500

    >> I'll leave it up to others to decide what to change,

    AB> Documentation?

    >> although IMHO posix-large-file is broken

    AB> You mean, even with these new build instructions?

Oops, sorry, I meant: I think the instructions on that page are
broken!  LFS support seems to work just fine w/ Martin's patch and the
new instructions.

    >> (and also because those instructions shouldn't be necessary for
    >> Python 2.2).

    AB> They are still going to be necessary for 2.1.2 - I don't want
    AB> to try and play the game of getting this change in and turned
    AB> on by default at this stage of the game... :/

I agree completely!  The 2.2 docs should probably say that those
instructions aren't necessary, but in the 2.1.2 branch it should say
they /are/ needed to turn on LFS.

-Barry