[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Problems building M2Crypto on CentOS running x86_64

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Thu Dec 10 07:58:29 CET 2009

Bill wrote:
> I am unable to build M2Crypto 0.19 or 0.20 on CentOS 5 running x86_64.  I have
> not problems building running the same system in 32 bit, but 64 fails.  The
> error suggest recompiling with the -fPIC option, but this has me baffled.
>
> Has anyone managed to build it in 64 bit and if so could you reveal the secret
> (BTW, I tried Ubuntu 8.05 and64 with the same results).

I personally build without problems on Ubuntu 8.04 32 and 64 bit, and
Redhat has provided Tinderbox build slaves that also regularly build 64
bit versions on RH 5.x

Are you using the the fedora_setup.sh script? Are you sure your OpenSSL
version is supported (note that openssl 1.0 series is not yet supported
although there is a nearly complete patch)?

--
  Heikki Toivonen - http://heikkitoivonen.net