[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Anyone ever successfully used ssl_verify_callback and other similar callbacks?

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Tue May 31 08:28:27 CEST 2005

So I have a fix for ssl_verify_callback, but I also noticed the M2Crypto
versions calls (or tries to, has always crashed for me) the callback
function with different arguments than what OpenSSL uses. In my opinion
we should use the OpenSSL format, but if someone is depending on the
previous format I'd rather think something else.

So far I have never gotten this particular callback to work (crashes
Python) as it is. I've seen at least one other callback that also always
causes Python crash: Context.set_tmp_dh_callback(). There are probably
others but I have't done a search for the pattern yet. So, anyone ever
got these things to work?

I thought it should be possible to figure out the parameters in the
callback function and adjust the code appropriately (so that both old
M2Crypto and OpenSSL type callbacks would work automatically), but I
haven't yet figured out how to do this. Basically something like:
give_me_the_param_count(somefunc) would be needed.

--
  Heikki Toivonen