[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Having trouble reading MIT CredCache programatically

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers at IC.AC.UK
Wed Nov 28 13:17:00 CET 2001

Ah, OK. I could have misunderstood...

I'm afraid I no longer code in C if I can possibly avoid it. Also, I'm
rather an advocate of certain programming techniques which are an anathema
to the vast majority of C-based Unix projects, so any contributions I could
make are likely to be summarily rejected ("Here is a patch to make all
strings in MIT Kerberos be STL ropes...", and such like :o)

I realise the file format is not meant to be interoperable. The specific
reason I'm doing this is I want to play with PKINIT and would still like to
use all my usual apps with the ticket I get, which means using a different
kinit program to populate my cred cache. There are other reasons (it's
interesting, fun, teaches me a lot, and so on).

I wouldn't worry. It's highly likely that I'll never get to a release, since
I can't seem to figure the des-cbc-crc enctype out...

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers                              |
| Network & Infrastructure Group           |
| Information & Communication Technologies |
| Imperial College                         |