[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Requirements

Dan Parisien dan at eevolved.com
Fri Feb 16 04:37:36 CET 2001

> > # Leave import statements untouched!
> > import crypto
> > from crypto.impl import *
> >
> > # Edit this dictionary
> > registry = {
> >
> >   # Hashes
> >
> >   # MD5 implementations
> >   '(0 2 262 1 10 1 3 2)' : [
> >     Python.hash.MD5,
> >   ],
> >
> >   # SHA1 implementations
> >   '(1 3 14 3 2 26)' : [
> >     Python.hash.SHA1,
> >   ],
> >
> >   # Asymmetric ciphers
> >
> >   # RSA implementations
> >   '(2 5 8 1 1)' : [
> >   ],
> >
> >   # Key stores
> >
> > } # registry

I have a few questions for comprehension's sake. Are the keys of the
dictionary the OIDs? Where did you get those specific numbers? Are they just
examples?

> > It's just a dictionary of lists of class names. The lists maintain
> > the preferred order. A factory function returns an instance of this
> > class. Very simple.

Ok I understand this, but where is this example code going to be located? in
crypto/? or in a crypto module implementation?

> > - Is anybody scared by OIDs at all? Do all required components
> > (algorithms, prng, key stores, protocols) have OIDs assigned?
> > (Likely not.)
>
> I am.  I'd rather go with aliases than with OIDs.  Other opinions?

Agreed. Aliases are better, but we are going to run into the problem of
having to document them to solve 'rijndael' / 'aes'...

Dan