[python-committers] Vote to promote Stéphane Wirtel as a core dev

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Fri Mar 22 19:10:37 EDT 2019

Le 22/03/2019 à 22:42, Brett Cannon a écrit :

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 2:14 PM Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com
> <mailto:vstinner at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Le ven. 22 mars 2019 à 21:56, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com
>     <mailto:vstinner at redhat.com>> a écrit :
>     > For the poll, I chose:
>     >
>     > * Type: Single Choice
>     > * Results: Always visible (the 2 other choices are: "When closed"
>     and "On vote")
>     > * Choice 1: Promote Stéphane Wirtel
>     > * Choice 2: Don't promote Stéphane Wirtel
>     > * [ ] Show who voted (unchecked = anonymous)
>     > * [ ] Automatically close poll (unchecked = I will close manually the
>     > poll early April 1st)
>
>     FYI technically, it's possible to change your vote while the vote is
>     still open. I tested to see if it's possible: yes it is :-)
>
>     Do voters have to justify their vote? Or is each voter free to justify
>     or not their vote? (add a message)
>
> I don't think people have to justify their vote. We don't ask that of
> anyone else in any other votes that we hold.

I agree they don't have to, but it would nevertheless be helpful if they
did.

Especially if their vote is negative, since that would help guide
Stéphane and his supporters towards a more successful outcome on their
next attempt.

(there are three negative votes right now, but we don't know the reasons)

As for myself, I don't plan to vote, since I haven't interacted enough
with Stéphane to have an opinion.

Regards