[python-committers] Council / board (Was: 1 week to Oct 1)

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Tue Sep 25 12:24:38 EDT 2018

Le 25/09/2018 à 18:10, Guido van Rossum a écrit :
>     To save us all trouble of discussing this particular issue, for
>     those of you who disagree completely, and have other ideas about how
>     you'd like Python to be governed and who should be in it, you can do
>     one or more of the following:
>
>     - not vote on my PEP
>     - vote on the other PEPs
>     - write their own PEP
>

> I would remind people that it's well documented that diverse group make
> better decisions.

Can you point us to such documentation?  It would be nice to know under
which conditions the assertion holds, according to which metrics, etc.

Also, may I make the matter more concrete?  You have been the BDFL
during 20+ years.  A one-person deciding group of a single white male is
not exactly diverse.  Retrospectively, do you think this led you to take
worse decisions?

Regards