[python-committers] discuss.python.org participation

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Wed Oct 17 09:30:33 EDT 2018

> On Oct 17, 2018, at 02:56, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>
> I find the presentation of threaded conversations in linear format to be confusing, figuring out what I have and have not read to be difficult, and the overall frustration to not be worth it.

Are there any linear-formatted communication methods that you find more comfortable? Or is the entire idea not workable for you?

Paul Moore also raised the issue you're mentioning around "figuring out what I have and have not read". Discourse is supposed to help with this with a timeline view and a "Back" button. So far the "Back" button behavior is to say the least surprising to us, if not just buggy. Some discussion here:

I agree we need to address this for Discourse to be a proper upgrade over mailing lists.

- Ł