[python-committers] discuss.python.org participation

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Oct 16 21:56:06 EDT 2018

On 10/15/2018 09:22 PM, Benjamin Peterson wrote:

 > Brett is exactly right about me. I'm following along on Discourse and
 > this mailing list when I have the time. I plan to read the governance
 > PEPs and vote when the time comes. But, I don't have anything useful
 > to say.
 >
 > At the sprint, I verbally supported Łukasz's plans to try out
 > Discourse. Discourse isn't perfect and may feel uncomfortable, but
 > we're also losing potential contributors because they find mailing
 > lists uncomfortable.

I also supported the trial of Discourse.

However, now that I have tried it, it will be a no from me.  I find the
presentation of threaded conversations in linear format to be confusing,
figuring out what I have and have not read to be difficult, and the
overall frustration to not be worth it.  It definitely has some nice
features, but I won't be using them because I won't be using Discourse.

--
~Ethan~