[python-committers] A plea to stop last-minute changes to governance PEPs

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta at python.org
Sun Nov 18 11:20:48 EST 2018

 As a reminder, PEP 8001 states:

"November 16th, 2018 to November 30th, 2018 is the official governance PEP
review period. We discourage the PEP authors from making major substantive
changes during this period, although it is expected that minor tweaks may
occur, as the result of this discussion period."

Looking at the commit history, the last change to PEP 8016 was on Nov 15 my
timezone, and I'm assuming it was Nov 15 in PEP 8016 authors' timezone too,
so I think it was still allowed. There shouldn't be any more major changes
going forward though.

I would suggest that PEP 8001 can also say that once voting start (Dec 1),
PEPs 801x should be locked and not editable anymore.