[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 11:46:52 EST 2018

[Guido]
> Is it safe for people not interested in voting systems to
> ignore the rest of this thread?

Have you used mailing lists before? ;-)  The topics in this particular
thread have, e.g., ranged from voting systems (the specific message
you're replying to), through whether and why Discourse does or doesn't
suck, to concerns about how it's possible for someone with a life to
make informed choices among the governance PEPs themselves.

So far as the voting system alone goes, "probably safe".  Donald
already moved that specific part to Discourse.  His announcement of
that here crossed in the mail with the message you're replying to.  So
scant point to muting this thread on _that_ count.  The three messages
newer than yours in this thread didn't even mention the voting system.

> I hope that if there's an update on the voting period or specifics on
> how to vote (or what the choices are) these will be posted to a new
> thread.

See?  Another topic that's not about voting systems.  I hope so too,
but can't answer because I'm not in charge of anything here (and
neither is Donald).  But I _expect_  that if info people absolutely
need to know changes, whoever makes that decision will announce it
both here and on Discourse in visible ways.