[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Sun Nov 4 06:43:30 EST 2018

Le 04/11/2018 à 12:38, Paul Moore a écrit :
> On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 00:21, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> But let's be fair to those who have put in the effort to make this work
>> so far. "Disenfranchisement" is not even close to a fair criticism.
>
> Frankly, I'm tired of being picked up on specifics of the wording I
> used. I felt that "disenfranchised" described how I feel pretty well.
> If you're saying that my understanding of the word is inaccurate, then
> fine, I'm happy you know better than me. But I explained my problem in
> more detail as well as stating the summary version - I can't find
> context or discussions, I don't have the time to become an expert in
> all the details[1] but conversely I can't find out what those who
> *have* investigated the details think, etc etc.

I don't think anyone here is an expert on the details.  The discussion
we're having is probably unusual for most or all people here.

That people like me may spend more time reading the PEPs doesn't
actually make them more competent on the broader topic of governance
systems.  So feel free to judge the PEPs by yourself and don't be afraid
of casting such judgement.  You're as competent as anyone else.  Ideally
we would have started this discussion a lot of time in advance, and
without any deadline looming over us, but the events decided otherwise.

Regards