[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:20:02 EDT 2018

[Tim]

[Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com>]
> Would it help if we only published who voted, and kept their votes
> private?  Publishing the actual votes probably doesn't make a
> big difference here, relative to the broader Python/tech community.

That would probably be enough to convince me to vote, but I don't want
to hold things up either.  If I'm the only one, why bother?  It's not
like my vote will change the result ;-)

BTW, the years I was on the PSF Board, I always wanted everyone to
know how we voted on everything.  But I was elected to that position,
so was voting as a representative of those who elected me.

But nobody has any more business knowing how I vote on a PEP than,
say, how I vote for the local mayor.  That's between me and my
conscience.  Your vote is between you and yours, and I want actively
_not_ to be able to see how others voted.

Although I'm all in favor of making the PEP ballots public, if
stripped of personally identifying info.