[python-committers] Timeline to vote for a governance PEP

Eric Snow ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 00:02:23 EDT 2018

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018, 21:44 Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com wrote:

> Le sam. 3 nov. 2018 à 04:40, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
> > Would it help if we only published who voted, and kept their votes
> private?  Publishing the actual votes probably doesn't make a big
> difference here, relative to the broader Python/tech community.
>
> The PEP has a whole section explaining the rationale:
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-8001/#why-should-the-vote-be-public
>
> This PEP has 9 authors and has been discussed in length.

Right.  I'm one of the authors. :)  When we discussed this point it was for
the sake of communicating validity to the community.  However, I'm not
convinced that publishing more than the list of voters is needed for that.
If that's something that would make Tim more comfortable with voting then I
suggest we consider it.

-eric