[python-committers] AppVeyor and Travis-CI

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon May 14 23:36:07 EDT 2018

On 5/14/2018 9:49 PM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> I accidentally checked in some test files, and they got backported to
> 3.7. I pushed a commit to delete them, and it was committed to master.
>
> But in the 3.7 backport, something has gone wrong with AppVeyor and
> Travis-CI.
>
> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6844
>
> AppVeyor says "Expected — Waiting for status to be reported". There's no
> obvious way to get it to actually report the status, or to restart.
> There is no "Details" button listed on the PR page.
>
> For Travis-CI, Miss Isslington sent me an email that says "Backport
> status check is done, and it's a failure ❌ ." The Travis-CI log file
> ends with a timeout:

> FAIL: test_stdin_broken_pipe
> (test.test_asyncio.test_subprocess.SubprocessSafeWatcherTests)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/home/travis/build/python/cpython/Lib/test/test_asyncio/test_subprocess.py",
> line 214, in test_stdin_broken_pipe
>      self.loop.run_until_complete, coro)
> AssertionError: (<class 'BrokenPipeError'>, <class
> 'ConnectionResetError'>) not raised by run_until_complete
>
> I'm sure this is all due to the heavy load the systems are under. I
> can't find a way to kick both of these off again. I couldn't find
> anything in the devguide, but if I missed it please let me know.

I have triggered retesting by editing the blurb.  It may be that
touching by adding and deleting a space was enough, or maybe I had to
actually change something.

But retesting right now, with tests failing, is useless.  I just
submitting a trivial change and got the same unrelated failures for
importlib, multiprocessing, and asyncio.

Warning -- files was modified by test_importlib
   Before: []
   After:  ['core']

ERROR: test_ignore (test.test_multiprocessing_forkserver.TestIgnoreEINTR)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/travis/build/python/cpython/Lib/test/_test_multiprocessing.py",
line 4359, in test_ignore
     os.kill(p.pid, signal.SIGUSR1)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process
Ran 310 tests in 93.862s
FAILED (errors=1, skipped=27)
test test_multiprocessing_forkserver failed

and the same or similar multiple failures for asyncio

Both our tests ended with

FAILED (failures=2, skipped=14)
test test_asyncio failed
2 tests failed again:
     test_asyncio test_multiprocessing_forkserver
Total duration: 14 min 29 sec
Tests result: FAILURE

and we cannot merge.