[python-committers] AppVeyor and Travis-CI

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Mon May 14 21:49:36 EDT 2018

I accidentally checked in some test files, and they got backported to
3.7. I pushed a commit to delete them, and it was committed to master.

But in the 3.7 backport, something has gone wrong with AppVeyor and
Travis-CI.

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6844

AppVeyor says "Expected — Waiting for status to be reported". There's no
obvious way to get it to actually report the status, or to restart.
There is no "Details" button listed on the PR page.

For Travis-CI, Miss Isslington sent me an email that says "Backport
status check is done, and it's a failure ❌ ." The Travis-CI log file
ends with a timeout:

FAIL: test_stdin_broken_pipe
(test.test_asyncio.test_subprocess.SubprocessSafeWatcherTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/home/travis/build/python/cpython/Lib/test/test_asyncio/test_subprocess.py",
line 214, in test_stdin_broken_pipe
     self.loop.run_until_complete, coro)
AssertionError: (<class 'BrokenPipeError'>, <class
'ConnectionResetError'>) not raised by run_until_complete

I'm sure this is all due to the heavy load the systems are under. I
can't find a way to kick both of these off again. I couldn't find
anything in the devguide, but if I missed it please let me know.

Thanks.
Eric