[python-committers] cherry picking, miss islington, and generated files

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:16:51 EST 2018

Thanks :)

I found the related thread in core mentorship mailing list:
https://mail.python.org/mm3/archives/list/core-mentorship@python.org/thread/CNK7EWWZTDIRID7MTWLTWXU4H7IH3UIE/

Guido and Victor answered, I guess I got distracted with other things and
forgot to do any sort of follow up :P

If I understand it right, they both suggested running "make regen-all" at
each backport.
But you seem to indicate that you rather do that manually?

For the first pass, I think it can detect that when a changeset includes
importlib.h, we'll make miss-islington leave a comment about needing to
regenerate files.