[python-committers] cherry picking, miss islington, and generated files

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Feb 3 14:11:17 EST 2018

On 2/3/2018 9:54 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2018, at 20:40, Mariatta Wijaya <mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sure, I sort of asked this in the past: what are the generated files, how to identify them, is there a pattern?
>
> I’m not sure there’s going to be a pattern so much as a list of such files.

There are also files that when touched, should cause regeneration of
another file.  For instance, typo PR
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/5144 formerly touched aclocal.m4.
  Serhiy said that changing that might mean that configure should be
regenerated.  (Not knowing anything about this, I reverted the spelling
correction.)