[python-committers] List of all core developers

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Thu Aug 2 08:43:31 EDT 2018

On 8/2/2018 7:53 AM, Stefan Richthofer wrote:
>     Again, this was in the (poorly conveyed) context of getting email
>     addresses for them, or at least being able to contact them.
>

> I always thought there were already at least three places containing the
> necessary email addresses.
>
> * python-committers should be exactly this mailing list.
> * according to https://devguide.python.org/coredev/#issue-tracker it is
> mandatory for core developers to subscribe to the issue tracker which
> AFAIK requires a confirmed email address.
> * Every committer clearly must have signed the contributor agreement
> https://www.python.org/psf/contrib/contrib-form/ wich also contains a
> mandatory email field
>
> So why is it still necessary to get email addresses at all?

I don't recall, exactly. It was at an early Language Summit, and we were
looking for ways to contact everyone and to associate people with email
addresses. It might have involved the mercurial migration. Maybe it's
not still required. My point is that it's hard to come up with a list of
core devs and match them with email addresses. If that's not the
requirement here, then great!

I know I've had several addresses over the years, some of which are
non-obviously associated with me, and some of which I no longer have
access to.

Eric