[python-committers] Proposal for procedures regarding CoC actions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Apr 2 16:07:39 EDT 2017

Thanks, Raymond, this reads like a good proposal, but I'd like to
suggest that the three people in question are only intended to
discuss whether a CoC event has taken place or not and what the
person has to say about this.

They should then write up a summary to present to the PSF Board
which then decides. We have already had precedents for this and
it worked well.

No single moderator of a PSF resource should be allowed to impose
a ban on anyone. I also don't think that what Wes has done is
serious enough to be considered a CoC violation or that a ban
was the right action to take.

What I miss in the proposal is more emphasis on getting
feedback from the person in question (I often see CoC rule
sets miss out on this - even though it's one of the most basic
human rights principles: the right to a fair trial) and trying
to change behavior before CoC actions such as bans have to be
triggered.

In most cases, it's possible to find a way forward without
any actions and that's what we should strive for as a community.

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Mar 31 2017)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/