[python-committers] [Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.4.5 and Python 3.5.2 are now available

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Jun 27 19:16:59 EDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 11:24 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:25:40 -0700, Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> wrote:
>> On 26Jun2016 1932, Larry Hastings wrote:
>>> https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-352/
>>> /p.s. There appears to be a small oops with the Windows installers for
>>> 3.5.2--uploaded to the wrong directory or something.  They'll be
>>> available soon, honest!
>> I've already submitted a false positive report, so I expect an update to
>> correct it at some point in the future, but please do not be alarmed to
>> see this warning when installing Python 3.5.2, or when scanning any
>> earlier version of 3.5.
> Should there be a note about this on the download page(s)?

I've added a note.

    * Windows users: Some virus scanners (most notably "Microsoft
    Security Essentials") are flagging
    "Lib/distutils/command/wininst-14.0.exe" as malware. This is a
    "false positive": the file does not contain any malware. We build it
    ourselves, from source, on a known-clean system. We've asked that
    this false positive report be removed, and expect action soon. In
    the meantime, please don't be alarmed to see this warning when
    installing Python 3.5.2, or when scanning any earlier version of 3.5.

    https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-352/

//arry/

p.s. the "oops" was about missing files, not about the false positive
for malware.