[python-committers] New installed Python builders

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Nov 23 16:11:19 EST 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 19:11:15 +0200, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23.11.15 18:00, R. David Murray wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 00:58:01 -0600, Zachary Ware <zachary.ware+pydev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I haven't looked at this, but unless the buildbot does *not* have write
> > access to the installed directories (ie: the install was done as another
> > user) it isn't really doing a full installed python test.
>
> Yes, but at least it catches cases where some files are not installed.
> There were few issues with this.

True.  Something incomplete in this vein is better than nothing.  I'm
Not sure you should call it "Installed" though, as that will be a bit
misleading.  Most of the "can't run the tests on installed python" bugs
are because the tree is read-only (obviously, not all of them!).
Maybe call it "local install"?  Wordy, I know, but more accurate.

--David