[python-committers] [Python-Dev] Reminder: Python 3.5 beta 1 will be tagged tomorrow

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat May 23 21:23:09 CEST 2015

On 05/23/2015 06:25 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> I filed http://bugs.python.org/issue24270 to track this, but there's a
> fair bit of work to be done to integrate the changes into the existing
> math module's code, tests and documentation.

I'm willing to consider a feature freeze exception for this, as long as

  * it doesn't make invasive changes (it looks like it will literally
    add one new entry point, which is acceptable)
  * it's cleaned up in the way the core devs are proposing (integrate it
    into the math module, including tests and documentation)
  * it's done before beta 2

Somebody, please take that as an encouragement to get this cleaned up
and ready for checkin.

//arry/

p.s. Would it make sense to add a form of isclose to unittest?