[python-committers] [Python-Dev] Reminder: Python 3.5 beta 1 will be tagged tomorrow

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat May 23 15:25:19 CEST 2015

On 23 May 2015 at 19:29, Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Berker Peksağ <berker.peksag at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Ping!  Anyone willing to sponsor this?

>> * The C implementation should be in Modules/mathmodule.c
>> * Tests should be in Lib/test/test_math.py
>> * Documentation should be in Doc/library/math.rst
>> * Add an entry to Doc/whatsnew/3.5.rst
>> * If I remember correctly, we don't need the Python implementation and its tests
>
> I'll happily review the patch once it's on the bug tracker as Berker described.

I filed http://bugs.python.org/issue24270 to track this, but there's a
fair bit of work to be done to integrate the changes into the existing
math module's code, tests and documentation.

And correct, there's no need for a pure Python implementation - Guido
rejected the idea of a pure Python fallback for the math module a
while back (http://bugs.python.org/issue23595)

Regards,
Nick.