[python-committers] Three wishes for Mercurial-Roundup integration

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 08:24:14 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> Le 31/08/2011 20:13, Georg Brandl a écrit :
>>> 1) When a commit message references more than one bug (with text
>>> matching #\d+), only the first gets a message for the changeset.  I
>>> would like all referenced bugs to get a message.
>> +1.  Just make sure that only issues that should be closed are closed
>> (i.e. if the commit message is """Close #1234: better fix than proposed
>> in #5678""", #1234 should be closed, and #5678 get a reference).
>
> You, Nick and Terry are +1, Ezio -1.  I originally changed my mind and
> agreed with Ezio after discussing it on IRC, on the basis that duplicate
> bug should be sorted out in the tracker, but the majority here is in
> favor.  I’ll wait a bit for other opinions.

Wanting this is rare enough that I don't mind doing it manually on the
occasions when it happens to arises. I'd advise against spending too
much effort on it if it turns out to be tricky.

The last case where it might have been helpful to me was one where a
coverage patch added new tests (issue A) that picked up a bug (issue
B) and I made a single commit with both the new test and the fix for
the bug. I don't remember the exact details any more, but it was
something along those lines.

Cheers,
Nick.