[python-committers] SSH keys and Keychain

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 09:51:12 CET 2010

R. David Murray <rdmurray <at> bitdance.com> writes:

> Is it possible that the ssh being called by the svn command can't access
> your environment to find the agent?  I'm not sure how that would happen,
> though, unless you have a 'tunnels' section in your svn config.  Or you
> have something wrapping your ssh command, but in that case you should
> be seeing problems with using ssh directly (I assume you aren't?)

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I don't have anything special in my svn config (in fact
I haven't touched the default) and SSH is fine with the key - it's just that the
agent, while allowing me to add the key and responding with success, either
doesn't get asked to do its job by svn+ssh, or is not doing it, so causing
svn+ssh to prompt for the passphrase.

Regards,

Vinay