[python-committers] SSH keys and Keychain

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Mar 4 04:39:51 CET 2010

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 22:32:24 +0000, Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I've installed Keychain and invoked it in my .bashrc, and whenever I open a
> terminal session, it tells me that it found an existing ssh-agent and the
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK and SSH_AGENT_PID seem to be correct. Yet, I get prompted for the
> passphrase for every SVN operation. If I invoke ssh-add -L to see what keys have
> been added, the original SSH key I copied over is there (there are two SSH keys,
> not that this should cause problems: ~/.ssh/id_rsa holds the key I copied over
> from Windows, and another more recent key I generated on my Linux host, which
> I've stored as ~/.ssh/id_rsa_jaunty).
>
> Anyone know what might be causing this?

Is it possible that the ssh being called by the svn command can't access
your environment to find the agent?  I'm not sure how that would happen,
though, unless you have a 'tunnels' section in your svn config.  Or you
have something wrapping your ssh command, but in that case you should
be seeing problems with using ssh directly (I assume you aren't?)

--David