[python-committers] branches and merging

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Mar 3 04:29:45 CET 2010

Le Wed, 03 Mar 2010 14:34:41 +1100,
Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> a écrit :

> The difference with HG is that the error will not happen at commit
> time, but rather at *push* time - after the local repo is already in
> a bad state.  We could suggest all Windows users configure HG to run
> the same hooks locally, but I believe that will quickly become a
> burden.

I don't think it will be a burden. After all the current plan is for
everybody to configure and enable the EOL extension, IIUC.

Also, I'm not so worried about repository purity, but perhaps it's just
me. We do have some "typo fix" or "sorry, I broke the buildbots"
commits from time to time...

Regards