[python-committers] branches and merging

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Mar 2 16:16:37 CET 2010

Le Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:41:45 +0100,
Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> a écrit :

> For the EOL issue, there is code, it needs testing. Martin Geisler
> (the primary author so far) and I issued a call for testing on
> python-dev last week, but without any response so far.

The people who have voiced their annoyance at the EOL situation should
do the testing, really. If they don't want to do it, then IMO we should
move forward anyway. There are more pressing issues involved in the
Mercurial transition (for example, what we will replace the svnmerge
process with) and I find it a bit annoying that we have to focus on the
micro-issue of EOL translation, which (judging by mailing-list
archives) doesn't seem to affect the Windows-based Mercurial users
at large.

Regards