[python-committers] Blocking feature backports

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Dec 5 20:49:23 CET 2010

>> Personally, I'd still like to defer beta1 until after the Mercurial
>> switch (or alternatively, do the final 3.2 release from subversion
>> as Raymond suggested).
>
> What would these proposed delayings / deferments achieve?

They will prevent the mess from happening that would happen if we switch
to Mercurial in the middle of release candidates. I expect the initial
release using Mercurial to just not work, plus I plan to need several
days to make the release. Doing so under the time pressure of a release
candidate is not something I look forward to.

Regards,
Martin