[python-committers] Blocking feature backports

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 22:01:38 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
>> .. So is it alright if I make
>> the commits and simply note in the commit messages that they are for a
>> new feature and should not be merged backwards?
>
> I think that's fine.  I'm not even sure it is necessary to mention
> that it is a feature and won't be backported, though certainly
> that can't hurt, and should be done if there could be any doubt.

+1

If the changeset that you are committing has a associated tracker
issue, make sure it is mentioned in the log message.  It is
conventional to start log messages with "Issue #NNNN:".  On the
tracker, make sure that the issue is properly classified as a feature
requests and closed after the commit.  If it is a bug fix and needs to
be backported, the issue should stay open until the backports are
done.