[python-committers] When do we stop automerging from trunk to py3k?

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Apr 27 12:38:53 CEST 2010

Le mardi 27 avril 2010 à 03:23 -0700, Larry Hastings a écrit :

> Pardon my general n00bishness, but I crave knowledge.  IIUC currently if
> you have a checkin in trunk that you *don't* want merged into py3k, you
> must svnmerge block it in py3k.  Otherwise it will be automatically
> merged at some point.

Your U is not C.  Nobody/nothing automerges. On the contrary, it is
highly recommended that you "svnmerge merge" changes yourself if you
want them to be merged (that is, ported).

It is also recommended that you "svnmerge block" changes which you think
shouldn't be ported to py3k. That way, it will leave the merge queue
clean and short (if it has ever been :-)).

Regards