[python-committers] help with svnmerge

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:22:03 CET 2009

Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> I think those instructions are for merging lots of things at once.

That FAQ question is actually 3 questions in one:

1. How do I set up merge tracking for a new branch? (A: Use "svnmerge
init") Since this has already been done for the maintenance branches, no
need for anyone to do it again.

2. How do I merge all unmerged revisions from the base branch to the
current branch? (A: Use "svnmerge merge"). Only a few developers will
want to do this.

3. How do I merge a specific revision (or set of revisions) from the
base branch to the current branch? (A: Use "svnmerge merge -r <revision
#>"). This is what most developers will use when porting a single change
between branches.

Cheers,
Nick.