[python-committers] Survey about DVCSs compared to svn

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Feb 28 01:25:51 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 16:04, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> No need for a long answer - just explain what the purpose of the survey is,

To see what committers think about the various DVCSs and if one happens to
be disliked by a majority of developer when compared to svn as a baseline.

> and why it isn't as biasad as it appears to be. A process where you're
> actively discouraging people with a certain opinion from getting involved
> isn't much of a process.

I just wanted some data, nothing more. This was not meant to spark a debate
else this would have occurred over at python-dev. I just wanted to know what
people thought in order to potentially eliminate a DVCS from the running to
make my life easier in writing the PEP. Next time I will flat-out write "DO
NOT TAKE THIS SURVEY SERIOUSLY" and still hope people take the time to fill
it out.

-Brett

</F>