[python-committers] ubuntu release plan

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 15 06:17:38 CEST 2008

My preferred planning strategy is to decide on the goals and then try to
work out how to achieve them. The PSF will take direction from its
members and from active developers. But Christian is right about the
absence of a business plan.

Perhaps when the current release phase is over we need to have a serious
discussion about other things the PSF can do to support more effective
development. *Before* we get into the next releases!

If we could get good paid help to massage the tracker that might help,
but it might not be possible. Given an expressed need from a majority of
the community I would do what I can to support improvements in the
development process. It's important, and it would be nice to see closer
involvement between PSF and developers.

The main thing that's missing right not is the necessary consensus to
start investing time and money.

regards
  Steve

--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119