[Python-authors] New Python periodical. Interested?

Marty Alchin marty at martyalchin.com
Mon Sep 12 21:33:48 CEST 2011

My first

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Brian K. Jones <bkjones at gmail.com> wrote:
> So if you're missing the old Python Magazine, and want to be involved in
> something with even more awesome (where 'awesome' means, in part, that it
> exists), let me know!

If I'm remembering right, Python Magazine wasn't even the first
attempt, so I have to wonder: what went wrong, and how will yours be
different? I may be interested in authoring and/or editing, but I
personally haven't read any existing Python magazines because I
haven't found the need to. So I'm curious to know if the previous
attempts failed because of specific reasons that you can overcome or
if they were simply victims of a community that's not really
interested in magazines.

I really don't want to rain on anything by asking this, I'm just
genuinely curious why you expect yours to take off when others
haven't. Convince me. :)

-Marty